Recipe for skinny waffles, also known as, one carb waffles.
This is my go to recipe when I am craving waffles, have a lot of protein macros leftover but not enough carbs or fats.
It is a lifesaver!
Prep Time: About 5 minutes…more if you’re like me and are terrible in the kitchen
Cook Time: Just don’t overcook it
Total Time: Depends on you
1 Scoop of Protein Powder your choice (I use Quest because I find it cooks the best and the flavors are amazing!)
1 Whole Egg
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
Water to make the mixture your preferred consistency
1) Turn your waffle maker on
2) Prepare your waffle batter with the ingredients listed above and mix well. There is no specific order…although I would suggest putting the water in last. 🙂
3) Spray your waffle maker with non-stick spray
4) Pour batter onto the waffle maker
5) Watch every so often to make sure your waffles don’t overcook
Macros and calories for whole recipe:
Depends on the type of protein you use. Will range from 178-200 calories
- PB2 (More macro-friendly than regular Peanut Butter)
- Walden Farms Sugar Free Pancake Syrup (The only syrup of theirs that I love)
- Sliced Fruit of your choice
- Cool Whip
- All the above??
On a side note, I will be doing a $100 Lululemon gift card giveaway to one lucky person on my Instagram account soon! Follow @AlyMelonFit for that!